Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Day of Routine

It seems to take at least a week to sort out all the things that are needed to be able to settle into a routine--paying for classes, moving into apartment (which is often a few days after arriving), figuring out internet access, getting money exchanged to rupees, where to buy groceries, etc.  And then there is the need to adjust to the class and practice schedule: if you take a class from 7 - 9 am, and practice time is 9 am - 12 noon, then better figure on having a good breakfast, or doing lots of restoratives at practice time.  Or, what I have been doing is going back to my apartment, having a second breakfast, then returning to the Institute for a 2 hour practice.  This only works if you are very close to the Institute...

So by now I have the comfort and predictability of routine--or I should say some routine preceding the inevitable unexpected things :) 

I am attaching a few photos I took of the interior of the Institute during the Patanjali Jayatri celebration.



2 comments:

  1. So neat to see the interior there. Glad to hear you're settling into a routine. Rebecca said more than once that she missed you being at the workshop, but the funniest thing I thought, as she began on Friday evening, a few minutes before Kim arrived, she kind of looked around and said--I can't remember her exact words, but something like, "I feel like the parents aren't here."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marsha. I miss being there--every time I walk into the studio and see all of you, it feels like home.

    ReplyDelete